Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy Birthday

Exactly a year back on this day Cerebral Proclivity i.e. this blog was born. When I started out as usual I was damn enthusiastic. I had predicted that by the end of the year I would have posted at least 150 posts. Personal, academic, poetry etc. but as usual yeh ho na saka. As usual there were time constraints or sometimes I was plane bored. I am very lazy you see. There have been hundreds of thoughts that had come to my mind, which I had promised myself to blog. But ennui took the better of me. Heck, I don’t even complete the short stories and plays that I undertake most of times. But then that’s me. I get bored too fast. Well it’s not a virtue worth boasting about. Lets come back to the blog…yeah so…this was my first post. Arrival. Around a fortnight before I started my own blog I discovered (as in for myself) what blogging is all about. One day as I was googling for some info and I hit upon a Malaysian girl’s blog. As I went through her posts I was intrigued. I found this ‘blogging’ phenomenon rather interesting. Soon after that I went through a myriad other blogs. I used to frequent livejournal a lot then. Those days the blogs that I regularly visited were – Minnie’s blog, Anupma, Saira, Vulturo. Eventually Minnie made her blog ‘friends only’ and I had never commented on her blog. Although her’s was the only blog of which I had read each and every post, from the past archives of almost 4 odd years. I used to have this black template for a few months. But then I changed to this more vibrant one.

I made a couple of friends too in this blogsville .Tapsi (Who has shut down her blog but we sometimes catch up over sms) Chitra is a good friend now so is Nikita.

Here are a few posts that can safely represent the life n times of my blog over the past year. Some are happening. Some are well written. Some became a battleground, where words were hurled freely as swords. Some registered the maximum response.


One of my better poems.

On Songs from the nineties.

Where the battle ensued.

Just.

I still have readers who read this post over n over again.

Nostalgia

Catharsis

Honest words.

Arguably the most read post of my blog.

Happy birthday dear bloggie it’s been a pleasure to have ya. And what better occasion to extend a warm thanx to all my dear readers (I speak as if there are thousands of them…;-)hey! but how much ever they are…they matter!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember i came here accidentally,and i am glad i did.Music,and other forms of art were all here and i read all most all the posts and one fine day you just vanished,and your blog went into history for about two months if i am not wrong.Well,thats what Archives show. and the day i found this palce again i was so happy and read through all the posts again.
Congratulations on completing one year and Yes,i know its irritating to get anon comment that too from someone whom you knew here in blogworld:) so i leave my name here.Hope it rings the bells,If it dosnt,No issues,Keep writing,i know atleast 10 people who come to this place,who discuss with me about the posts you write,So there can be thousands doing so..who knows.
Neelima
Not leaving my blog ID.

December 28, 2005 9:14 AM

 
Blogger RPM said...

I borrowed a term from another blogger - Blogiversary.

Congratulations and keep it going!

December 28, 2005 12:35 PM

 
Blogger Jabberwock said...

Many happy returns etc! The last 2-3 months really have been birthday season in the blogosphere.

December 29, 2005 9:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home