Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Droplets

Melancholy envelopes me when the sky turns crimson, when the breeze whispers your name and you…you are tucked away somewhere in a galaxy far, far away from me...where neither I can see you nor feel your existence...but I know that you live…within me...

***
There seems to be no pain now. The numbness has done its part. I feel like the first flake of snow. Descending down from the womb of the skies. Traveling on the back of the wind. Feeling so light that I forget my own existence.

***

As I look at myself in the mirror, I notice the scars. I notice the dried tears. I notice some marks…red…the marks left by your lips. I notice a crease near the cheeks…the remains of a dimple, which used to reside there not so long ago. I notice the distance in the eyes…the mass of expanse that we traveled together. I notice the forehead and its cavernous web of frowns that I try in vain to hide. I look. I stare. I gaze…but I can’t see any trace of myself there…its you who seems to be breathing the air through my nostrils...

***

As the leaves fall on the ground that I walk on I notice their need to remain clustered. When the breeze comes hissing to clean up the path, those which had fallen far, come with the joyous fervor of a kid eager to hug his mother after being away for long and resemble a flock of birds soaring away towards a common destination.

***

And I lived and lived and lived. Not knowing what it is all about. Not knowing the difference between living and existing. And I lived untill I got nauseous…until it got to me. Then I started running…away, away from life. As fast as I could…farther and farther away. Faster, Faster, Faster. But it caught up with me. Followed me wherever I went. I thought it wanted to tell me something…say…I said. But it kept looking at me…I looked into her eyes. She wept. My life wept for me. I smiled. I felt better.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tipsy Topsy said...

Wonderfully written. Touching and yet, not melodramatic.

Looking into life's eyes....always the best way out :)

April 19, 2005 7:35 AM

 
Blogger Mystic Bard said...

Thanx..I know how much you loathe melodrama..;-)so comin from u...it feels gr8.

April 19, 2005 9:06 AM

 
Blogger Akruti said...

Well it left me speechless.Life sure had its say and u have to bow before it,accept the truth and smile,because we dont get many chances,now that u got it,carry on with the smiles.
"Kya kahen,zindagi jeetgayi hamse aaj phir,ghum tho hai phir ek thamanna bhi hai,sapne nahi par haqeeqat tho hai,chalthein hai us rah par jo banayagaya hai mereliye,dekthehai aur kya likha hai thaqdeer mein"

April 19, 2005 10:39 AM

 
Blogger Ye manzilen !! said...

Yaron-
ab to haqeeqat nahi - Khwabon se dar lagta hai !
Ye sach ho kar aur museebat late hain.
SP

April 19, 2005 3:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Seeing the good things in life is a matter of looking beyond all
the other distractions, frustrations and disappointments. Beyond what is superficial, fleeting and negative are the things of substance, the things that endure, the things that truly matter.

April 20, 2005 11:32 AM

 
Blogger Ye manzilen !! said...

Nikita-
I am doing that I ALWAYS wanted to do since my 8th grade. To tell stories, to make em laugh, smile, and to make them think. Here it is - happening for real. It is dream come true....but why I am not jumping with joy? Why I feel let down? By whom? Why?
These are not mere distarctions...!
SP

April 20, 2005 3:38 PM

 
Blogger Ye manzilen !! said...

Sublime Thoughts..
Isnt it about time you post something.....It is been 11 days that wrote anything bros. I am waiting...
SP

April 30, 2005 12:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home