Wednesday, October 03, 2007

You get the hugs too easily!


Too much of attention spoils us they say. In this case it’s a bit weird though. The receiver and the complainer both are yours truly.

It’s been a while since I have nurtured the ambition to become a screenwriter. But what have I done about it? Apart from appearing for a Film School entrance exam, discussing countless themes with my close buddies over copious amount of alcohol, buying a laptop, downloading a screenplay writing software, sulking, wearing T-shirts that read – Ek gazab ka toofan aaye, hum ko gehri neend se jagaye, making half hearted attempts at writing, scribbling one amateur short film script, showing off my embryonic knowledge about world cinema. I haven’t really moved an inch from my comfort zone. NOT EVEN A SINGLE centimeter! The outings have been the same. The going out on weekends has been the same. The coming home late from work has been the same. What happened to the clap trap of taking the extra effort of going that extra mile, sweating that drop of blood, burning the mid night oil? The bouquets about my initial writing came too easily. 5 years back I was more prolific than I am right now. What the heck, I am having troubles writing this piece coherently. Whenever I cry about the lack of opportunities, I have friends who offer their shoulders and make me feel that everything’s fine. Why don’t they just shake me up and threaten to abandon me? See? Now I have begun to blame them for my failures. What a weakling!

Till now I have believed that I am not like the rest of them. I can do what I aspire to do. But as they say, at the end of the day you get what you deserve. Probably I deserve this. Ah…not probably, I SURELY deserve this. Let’s see how far I can go on like this.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mountainebony said...

There there. You're being too hard on yourself. (Or is it because you'd rather do it yourself than let your friends do it for/to you? That's the sad case with me.)Remember Sunscreen? [D]on’t
congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your
choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s...

August 28, 2008 4:25 AM

 
Blogger Mystic Bard said...

Greetings, So long...

From there to here...Almost an year has passed by. The resolve has become stronger. The going hard on oneself has paid off. Although friends have been their usual self,I decided to take the bull by its horns.I decided to plunge.Right now I am in the queque.Waiting for my chance to jump..its rather chilly out here. My palms are a bit sweaty.I cant see ahead properly,my stomach's a bit queasy.But its a heady feeling.

Much contentment follows.

August 30, 2008 6:46 AM

 
Blogger .... said...

so real so true... of so many of us.. that often start thinking that we will conquer or.. only that the rut of life takes over... and before we know we are transformed..

February 28, 2009 2:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

message for wife on hug day
happy hug day love message for life partner
propose day quotes for friends
happy proposes day quotes for grilfriend

February 03, 2018 1:13 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

iti online online 2018 gujarat
gujarat iti

May 22, 2018 3:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home